We are a registered charity organisation with the primary objective being to relieve sickness by promoting research into, and disseminating knowledge of, the field of Computer Aided Orthopaedic Surgery
- CAOS UK (Computer Aided Orthopaedic Surgery UK) is a non-profit organisation focused on a rapidly advancing technological aid to Orthopaedic Surgery. No other single aspect of the development of modern day orthopaedics is likely to have as far reaching impact as CAOS.
- CAOS UK hopes to be a platform for an exchange of ideas, experience and knowledge. Although based in the UK, it will work co-operatively with surgeons, software and hardware engineers and vendors from all over the world.
- Its goals will be to promote research and accelerate awareness and acquisition of expertise in this field. Peer reviewed articles, conferences and resources will be made available. CAOS UK will also be providing workshops to help train surgeons. It will allow vendors and computer scientists to describe the technologies to surgeons, while allowing surgeons to describe their needs and problems with regards these technologies.
- CAOS UK will hold annual conferences inviting poster and podium presentations. It will publish peer-reviewed articles in an e-journal. It will provide (sponsored) funding for fellowships and awards.
- It will be regulated and governed by its members, with an elected executive committee.
- More information can be found in our FAQ section, including information about the exciting CAOS Meta-Reviews system, currently under development.
- CAOS remains fully accountable to its members and will publish reports about its activities at regular intervals.